It’s been so long since I shared what was happening over on my NetGalley, so I wanted to hop on and share some of the ARCs I have lined up… once I get to them. Ya’ll know the struggle.
There’s been a lot of focus on NetGalley this year, specifically getting your feedback ratio up to the suggested 80%, which I love! Estelle over at Forever Publishing (one of my favorite partners) has shared so many wonderful tips on NetGalley and how to get higher approval ratings. Make sure to follow her and even reach out to her (she’s so helpful and nice!) if NetGalley and ARCs are your focus!
So right now I have a feedback ratio of 72%. Not bad, for sure, but it could be better. I had some ARCs planned for last month, but I totally threw my TBR out the window and just did strictly enjoyment reads. I’m going to read at least one ARC in April, as I have some backed up and two April releases on my roster.
Let’s take a look at what I have, shall we? I’ll be working my way from oldest to newest!
1) Mermaid Inn
Pub Date: January 28, 2020
I got this from my friends over at Forever Publishing, and I was on a real contemporary kick when it was offered in the influencer news letter. I’m actually really excited to pick this up! It’s got one of those staple plot points of a good contemporary romance; inheriting an inn. I think we can all agree contemporary romances are the perfect thing to be reading in these really weird and frustrating times.
I have a few other contemporaries I was thinking of reading this month, but maybe I’ll pick this up, too!
Pud Date: February 4, 2020
If I’m not mistaken, this was offered to me by the publishers via email. I really loved Christina McDonald’s debut thriller, The Night Olivia Fell, so I was really excited to be able to snag her sophomore release. I haven’t been in the mood for a thriller lately so I haven’t picked it up, but I’m planning on getting to it soon. If it’s anything like The Night Olivia Fell it’ll be a quick, twisty read. I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews about this one, but I’m still excited to have it in my ARC arsenal.
Pub Date: April 7, 2020
Eeeeep! This one actually drops really soon (two days from when I’m writing this) and I was hoping to have it read in March, but the universe had other plans. I was so lucky to be offered an ARC of this from the publisher after I had read and reviewed an ARC of the first novel, Wicked Saints. That novel was such a fresh and exciting take on YA fantasy and I really enjoyed it. I think Emily Duncan has a really bright future in the genre and I can’t wait to see where she goes with this one.
Pub Date: April 14, 2020
Okay this one I am SO excited about! I actually had this on my wish list on NetGalley because it wasn’t up for request and my wish got granted early last month. I literally squealed in my car. I completely devoured The Friend Zone and have recommended it to dozens of people, so when I heard the author was coming back with this was I so immediately excited. I think Abby Jimenez is a spectacular writer and her way with words and wit and humor all enhance how spectacular her plots and messages are. Very excited to be picking this one up this month!
Books I’ve Requested/Am on the Lookout For:
- The Heir Affair – Active Request
- HOLY SHIT. When I heard that one of my all time favorite books, The Royal We, was getting a sequel FINALLY I about shit my pants. I clicked request on this so fast I almost broke my finger. I read the first book when it came out back in 2015 and I’ve been patiently waiting for the second novel for what feels like 30 years. Royal romance is one of my very favorite sub genres and The Royal We did it like no one else. Hopefully I can snag an ARC or get a hard copy through Grand Central Publishing in my Forever letter, but either way I’m grabbing this!
- A Death Long Overdue – On the Lookout!
- If you’ve been here a while you know how much I love the Lighthouse Library Mystery series from Eva Gates. I’ve been lucky enough to receive the last three novels as ARCs from NetGalley and I own the first three novels in paperback, so as soon as I heard about this new installment I started checking NetGalley for it. It’s not up yet, but I will for sure be requesting it!
- The Guest List – Active Request
- I’ve been hearing/seeing so much of this book and I love love love the premise of it, so I went ahead and requested it as it doesn’t come out until May. I read And Then There Were None way back and I really enjoyed it. I like the whole premise of a locked room mystery and those classic mystery elements, plus the whole private island wedding thing reminds me of Harper’s Island, show I really enjoyed.
There you are! A very comprehensive look at my NetGalley situation at the moment! I’ve been trying to veer away from ARCs and things because I am so behind on books already, but I’m trying to be better about reading daily and prioritizing my reads. I think that’s just the constant struggle of book blogging; wanting to be up to date on all the new reads and wanting to read your decades old TBR.
Will the balance ever be found? Probably not!
I’ll keep ya’ll posted on my Instagram/Twitter of what I do and don’t get approved for!